Rugged coastlines, forests and dramatic mountain ranges await you in Canada. Head to the Rocky Mountains and take in this unique country’s breathtaking scenery, history and culture, as you experience travel in the utmost luxury.
To inspire your holiday, here are six of our top experiences and highlights you can find on our Majesty of the Rockies journey.
- In Banff enjoy a private meeting with a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman. Hear fascinating tales of what it’s like to wear the famous red serge uniform and have your picture taken with the Mountie.
2. Head to Whistler and learn about the First Nations. You’ll meet a First Nations Ambassador who will welcome you to the award-winning Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre, showcasing the native people’s art, history and culture. Learn about the traditional teas important to the region, before taking part in a one-of-a-kind holistic tea workshop.
3.After a day exploring Whistler, indulge on a delectable Highlight Dinner at SIDECUT, a AAA rated, four-diamond restaurant known for traditional steakhouse fare with a modern take.
4. Explore Victoria, one of the oldest cities in the Pacific Northwest. Famed for its outdoor activities, Victorian architecture and quintessentially British ambience, British Columbia’s little gem has plenty of colourful squares and lively streets to discover.
5. In Vancouver, cross the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230-foot-high (70 metres), and take in spectacular views from the top of the canyon.
6. Head to the Icefields Visitor Center and embark on a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. With your expert driver guide, you’ll step out onto the frosty ﬂow, formed centuries ago.